Fairways Health Club Rules & Regulations
- Any person using the gym must fully complete a Pre-Exercise medical questionnaire prior to exercising.
- Only guests/members over the age of 16 are permitted to use the gym facilities.
- All guests/members must consult/ register at reception prior to using the facilities on each visit.
- A laced up running shoe is the only acceptable footwear while using any of the gym equipment, no exceptions will be made.
- All guests/members must cease exercising if they feel unwell at any time and consult a doctor.
- Each machine must be wiped down with the appropriate cleaning solution and paper towel after each use.
- Please replace any free weights immediately after use.
- Please do not drop weight stacks, lower them gently under control.
- Please report any faults with equipment to a member of staff immediately.
- All facilities must be vacated 30 mins prior to closing time (9.30pm), to allow sufficient time for showering.
- Always be respectful of other gym users.
- Management reserve the right to change fees and payments for the good and benefit of the club.
- Membership cards remain the property of the club and all members will be required to show cards on each and every visit.
- Members will conduct themselves in a quiet, well mannered fashion at all times.
- Members who appear intoxicated will be refused entry.
- The management reserve the right to refuse entry at all times and to terminate memberships with immediate effect.
- Members expelled or expired will forfeit all privileges of membership.
- Any complaints unresolved at the time of incident will be referred to and dealt with by the manager.
- The club shall be entitled to make alterations, carry out repairs or maintenance without prior notice, every consideration will be made to minimise inconvenience.
- The club shall not be responsible for the personal belongings of the members or visitors.
- Membership Cards - When you join you will be given a membership card. You must bring your card on each and every visit. Your photograph will be taken. This will not appear on your membership card but will flash onto our computer screens to confirm your identity when you enter the club. Membership cards remain the property of Fairways Health Club and must be returned to the club if you cancel your membership.
Guidelines for the Wet Area Facilities
These protocols are designed to promote a safe, hygienic and enjoyable place for you to spend your leisure time.
Before entering the pool area you must shower.
Please shower between using different wet area facilities.
Please remove all deodorants, make-up and perfumes.
Please read the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam Room rules which are prominently displayed in the pool area before using the facilities.
Please be courteous to other users.
No children under 16 years old are allowed in the Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam Room.
No glass or food shall be taken into the pool area at any time.
Running, jumping, diving or unruly behaviour is prohibited and the use of snorkels, flippers and beach balls is also prohibited.
Please note that swim caps must be worn at all times in the Pool and Jacuzzi and can be purchased for £2.50 at leisure reception.
The opening hours are 7:00am-9:30pm 7 days a week. Note hours may change on Bank Holidays or special events. Last swim entry will be 8.45pm.
Liability - A member or visitor engaging in the club activities or making use of its facilities are responsible for ensuring that he or she is properly equipped and that his or her state of health and physical condition are such as not to involve any risk to him or herself or any other person making use of the club. It is hereby understood and agreed the club accepts no responsibility for accident, injury, illness or misadventure caused to or suffered by members or guests on the club premises howsoever caused. Members are responsible for their own insurance in respect of injuries suffered, loss or damage to equipment.
Pre-Exercise MEDICAL Screening
- Do you have a history of heart problems?
- Do you have a history of lung problems?
- Have you had chest pains or tightness in the chest?
- Do you suffer from exercise induced asthma or other respiratory problems?
- Do you suffer from headaches/ fainting/ dizziness?
- Do you have pain/ limited movement in any joint that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Do you have diabetes?
- Do you have epilepsy?
- Have you had a recent operation/ chronic illness/ injury?
- Are you pregnant / post natal?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
- Is there a history of heart problems in your family?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Do you have a back problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Do you smoke?
- Are you currently taking any medication?
- When did you last take part in physical exercise?
If you have answered yes to any questions 1-11, we strongly recommend that you obtain your doctor's consent prior to exercise prior to using the facilities. If you have answered yes to questions 12-16, you are advised to limit your activities to a moderate intensity while using the facilities.
I am aware of and understand the potential risks associated with physical exercise and I am voluntarily partaking in these activities with knowledge thereof. I have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding activities, use of equipment, and other related activities. Any questions I have asked have been answered to my satisfaction.
The questionnaire attached hereto has been completed to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if there is a change in my condition at all I must inform the Health Club Management. Without prejudice to the above, Fairways Health Club, the Roe Park Resort accepts no liability for loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising caused to me or suffered by me whilst on the premises, unless such loss or liability is caused by the negligent act of the Club.
I understand that all membership fees are non-refundable. I acknowledge membership is for a minimum period of 3 months from date of joining; thereafter it is continuous and expires only on cancellation. I accept that I must give 45 days notice of cancellation. Failure to do so will result in the claiming of another direct debit payment. Notice of Direct Debit cancellation must be given in writing to the management of the club. I have read, understand and accept the rules, terms and conditions laid down by the club and agree to abide by them. I understand that the club may from time to time make changes to the club without prior notice.