Monday, 29 October 2012
Chicken and egg noodle veg stir fry with ginger and soy dressing
- 4 chicken fillets skin on
- 1 packet baby corn
- 1 small red onion
- 2 peppers
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Courgette
- 4 nests of egg noodles
- Olive oil Soy sauce –50 ml
- Ginger –4 oz
- Garlic –3 cloves
- Salt and Pepper
- Start by preparing the vegetables: half the baby corn lengthwise, slice the red onion and peppers, peel the carrot and cut into strips, cut the courgette into strips.
- Season the chicken breasts and seal in a hot pan with a little oil, skin side down until golden.
- Then place in a pre-heated oven at 180°c for 15-20mins depending on the size of the chicken fillets.
- Next, place the noodles in a pot of boiling water for 4-5mins until soft, then drain. To make the dressing, blend the soy sauce, ginger and garlic together with a little olive oil.
- Place a large pan on to heat with a little oil, add the prepared vegetables and cook until tender.
- Then add the noodles and mix in a little of the dressing.
- Take the chicken out of the oven leave to rest for 2-3mins.
- To serve, place the vegetables in the centre of a serving plate then place the chicken on top and drizzle a little more dressing on top.