Tuesday, 15 January 2013
One pot Chicken Cous Cous and Butter Nut Squash
What you need!
- 2 tbsp. harissa paste
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 2 red onions, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into 1cm chunks (no need to peel)
- 2 x 400g cans tomatoes
- Zest and juice
- 2 lemons
- 200g cherry tomatoes halved
- 140g couscous
- Small bunch coriander roughly chopped
What you need to do!
- Heat a large non-stick casserole dish or pan on the hob.
- Add the harissa, spices and onions, stir and cook gently for 10 mins until soft.
- Add chicken and brown for 5-10 mins.
- Add squash, stirring to combine, and a splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Cook for 5 mins more.
- Tip canned tomatoes into the pan with ½ can of water, cover and simmer for 20-30 mins.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, cherry tomatoes, couscous and seasoning.
- Cover and turn off the heat.
- Leave on the hob for 10 mins, then stir through the coriander